Calf's Liver Tyrolian Style
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Calfs liver||1 1⁄2 Pound, pounded (1/2 Inch Thick, 6 Slices)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon, drained and finely chopped|
1) Preheat oven to 200Â°F.
2) Season the liver slices with salt and pepper and coat them with flour, vigorously shaking off the excess.
3) In a heavy 12-inch skillet, over high heat, heat the lard until a light haze forms over it.
4) Cook liver slices in it for 2 or 3 minutes on each side, tossing them with tongs until the liver is slightly pink on the inside. Ensure not to overcook.
5) Transfer the liver to a platter and wrap it loosely using a foil.
6) Keep the liver warm in preheated oven.
7) From the skillet, pour off all the lard, saving a thin film.
8) SautÃ© onions in it for 2 or 3 minutes until they are slightly translucent and then mix in vinegar.
9) Increase the heat to high and boil the vinegar almost thoroughly.
10) Pour in chicken stock and then allow the mixture to come to a boil, scraping any brown bits that cling to the bottom and sides of the pan.
11) Bring down the heat to low and allow the stock to simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
12) In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon of flour into the sour cream using a wire whisk.
13) Mix this with the mixture in the skillet.
14) Stir in capers and simmer the mixture on low heat for 1 minute longer.
15) Spoon the sauce over the liver.
16) Serve immediately.