Sauteed Calves' Liver With Sherry And Sage
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sage/Dried sage - 1/2 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Calves liver||8 Ounce, cut into thin strips (Two 8 Ounce Pieces)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Spanish onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Plain flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Sage leaves||1 (For Garnish)|
1) In a shallow dish, combine sherry, Worcestershire sauce and sage to whisk.
2) Place the strips of calves' liver inside the bowl. Coat well.
3) Leave to marinate for about 20 minutes, by turning occasionally.
4) In a wok, add oil to heat up over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
5) Stir-fry onion slices for 5 minutes until tender.
6) With a slotted spoon, remove the onion slices to place aside.
7) Place the strips of calves' liver in the wok. Stir-fry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until browned on all sides.
8) With a slotted spoon, transfer the liver into a plate. Place aside.
9) In the wok, sprinkle flour to stir-fry until golden brown.
10) Slowly stir in wine and any marinade from the liver.
11) Increase heat to high and bring the liquid to boil.
12) Return the liver and simmer the sauce for 2-3 minutes by reducing heat until tender.
13) Place the onions inside the wok.
14) Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
15) Toss all ingredients together, by increasing the heat to high.
16) Sprinkle with fresh sage leaves and immediately serve.