Mushrooms Stuffed with Liver
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Powdered tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Take out the mushroom stems and chop them.
2) In a skillet, saute the mushroom caps in 3 tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove into a platter and keep aside.
3) Saute the chicken livers, onions and mushroom stems in rest of the butter until the livers are light brown.
4) Then finely chop the livers and allow the mixture to cool.
5) In a bowl, cream the cheese, stir in the liver mixture and season well with the tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
6) Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and refrigerate.
7) Serve chilled in a nice plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1273 Calories from Fat 903
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g157.8%
Saturated Fat 58.7 g293.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1037.3 mg345.8%
Sodium 853.8 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 58 g116.9%
Vitamin A 562.6% Vitamin C 84.9%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 131.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet