Mushrooms Stuffed with Liver
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Powdered tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Take out the mushroom stems and chop them.
2) In a skillet, saute the mushroom caps in 3 tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove into a platter and keep aside.
3) Saute the chicken livers, onions and mushroom stems in rest of the butter until the livers are light brown.
4) Then finely chop the livers and allow the mixture to cool.
5) In a bowl, cream the cheese, stir in the liver mixture and season well with the tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
6) Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and refrigerate.
7) Serve chilled in a nice plate.