Liver Pate En Gelee
|Gelatin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned condensed beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||4 , canned|
|Liver||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, softened|
1. Take a small saucepan, add gelatin to ¼ cup of undiluted broth and keep aside for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin. Place on low heat and stirring continuously, heat to dissolve gelatin. Take off from heat an d stir in rest of the broth.
2. Take a pan, fill with ice and water and arrange 1 1/1 cup decorative mold in it. Add 2 tbsp gelatin mixture and allow to set.
3. Halve the mushrooms and in a decorative way, arrange in the set gelatin and cover with enough gelatin mixture.
4. In a small bowl using a fork or electric mixer, beat liver pate, brandy and butter thoroughly. Transfer to an empty liver pate can, even the top and place on a waxed paper, upside down. Using a can opener, discard the can end, lift the can and slowly push the pate to the gelatin mold center, while keeping the shape of the mold in place.
5. Add rest of the gelatin mixture above and around the pate, cover and allow to refrigerate for about 3 hours of the mixture to become firm.
7. Take out, using a sharp knife, loosen the edges of the mold. Transfer to a serving plate upside down. Keep a hot moistened dishcloth on the mold, shake gently, life the mold off and release the mold.
8. Discard crusts and diagonally quarter the toasts.
9. Arrange around the mold as triangles and serve or serve the mold with crackers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 2561.2 mg106.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 81 g162.6%
Vitamin A 4611.1% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 241.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet