|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Beef liver||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Small white onions and liquid||20 Ounce (No. 2 Can)|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Ground allspice||1 Dash|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Take a skillet and fry the bacon bits in it until they become crunchy.
3. Slice the liver into 2-inch strips and fry them in bacon fat until they turn brown, add drained onions to it when the liver gets partially browned.
4. Take a 3-quart casserole and spread the bacon mixture over it. Spread the seasonings and carrot and spoon the onion liquid and wine over it.
5. Cover the oven and cook for about 1 ¼ hours at 325° F until the ingredients turn soft.
6. Thicken the liquid by using cornstarch. Make it into paste form by combining with ¼ cup water.
7. Spray parsley and bacon bits over the mixture.
8. Serve as required.
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 781.4 mg260.5%
Sodium 735.5 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 1021.8% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 81.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet