Liver With Dubonnet And Orange
|Seasoned flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red dubonnet||8 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 , coarsely grated (Rind Of 1 Orange)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Trim sturdy and tarnished parts of the liver. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2) Skin and finely chop the onions.
3) Peel and finely chop garlic.
4) Chop parsley.
5) Grate orange and lemon rind.
6) Dredge liver in seasoned flour.
7) In a large, heavy pan heat oil and butter over moderate heat.
8) Add onions and garlic and cook covered till soft.
9) Place liver slices in a single layer and cook on low heat.
10) As the blood drips out, turn the liver over. Cook for a little short time.
11) Place liver on a warm serving dish.
12) With a spoon drain out the onion and put on top of liver. Keep warm.
13) Prepare sauce with orange juice and Dubonnet. Mix them into the pan juices.
14) Briskly boil till liquid reduces by half.
15) Turn off heat and stir in parsley and orange and lemon rind. Keep aside some for garnishing.
16) Pour sauce on the liver. Sprinkle parsley and orange and lemon rind.
17) Serve immediately with creamed potatoes and green vegetable.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1349 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 31.3 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.6%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 106 g212.2%
Vitamin A 7418.8% Vitamin C 168%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 394.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet