Liver And Onions
|Calves liver/Lamb liver||1 Pound (1/2 Kilogram)|
|Bacon rashers||4 , roughly chopped|
|Dripping||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Beef stock/Stock made with a stock cube||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) With a sharp knife, make thin slices of the liver and discard large tubes.
2) Run down warm water and put on absorbent paper towels to drain excess liquid.
3) Heat fat in a pan and fry bacon. Keep aside.
4) Fry onions in the remaining fat till brown.
5) Mix flour stirring for 1 minute.
6) Stir in stock and add seasoning. Boil and keep stirring.
7) Put liver and bacon to the liquid, simmer covered for 15 minutes.
8) Cool the content. Put in a serving dish sprinkled with parsley. Combine with mashed potatoes and buttered cabbage.
Freeze the content in a polythene bag tightly sealed. Before serving, simmer water and transfer content to a heatproof bowl.
Cook covered for 15 minutes.