Kettle Liver And Onions
|Bacon slices||6 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|White onions||18 Small, peeled|
|Lamb liver||1 Pound, sliced|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas and celery||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Saute bacon until crisp in a kettle or Dutch oven; remove and set aside for Step 6. Pour off all drippings, then measure 3 tablespoon-fuls and return to kettle. Add the onions; saute until golden; lift out with a slotted spoon; reserve.
2. Cut liver into 1-inch-wide strips; shake with flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag to coat well.
3. Brown quickly in same kettle, adding more bacon drippings, if needed; stir in the tomatoes, water and onions; bring to boiling; cover.
4. Simmer 1 hour, or until liver and onions are tender.
5. While liver cooks, cook peas and celery, as label directs.
6. Spoon the liver mixture into a heated serving bowl; spoon peas and celery in a ring on top; garnish with bacon.