Liver A La Nelson
|Sliced calf's liver||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, pared|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bouillon/Meat broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak liver 45 minutes in enough milk to cover.
2. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; cut in thick slices.
3. Saute onion and mushrooms in butter in a large skillet until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Mix flour with salt and pepper. Drain liver; pat dry with paper towels. Coat liver with seasoned flour.
5. Quickly brown liver in skillet with onions and mushrooms. Add sliced potatoes, bouillon, and wine. Cover. Simmer just until liver is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.