Liver A La Nelson
|Sliced calf's liver||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, pared|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bouillon/Meat broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak liver 45 minutes in enough milk to cover.
2. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; cut in thick slices.
3. Saute onion and mushrooms in butter in a large skillet until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Mix flour with salt and pepper. Drain liver; pat dry with paper towels. Coat liver with seasoned flour.
5. Quickly brown liver in skillet with onions and mushrooms. Add sliced potatoes, bouillon, and wine. Cover. Simmer just until liver is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2940 Calories from Fat 904
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.7%
Saturated Fat 42 g209.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2444.8 mg814.9%
Sodium 2142.7 mg89.3%
Total Carbohydrates 316 g105.2%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.7%
Sugars 49.8 g
Protein 196 g391.5%
Vitamin A 5298.5% Vitamin C 358.4%
Calcium 94.6% Iron 303.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet