|Sloes||1 Pound (Use Ripe Ones)|
|Almond essence||To Taste|
|Gin||1 Bottle (1 l)|
1) Wash, clean and dry ripe sloes and pierce all over with a needle.
2) Stuff the sloes in a preserving jar.
3) Dredge the sloes with the sugar, and set aside overnight.
4) Mix in a few drops of almond essence and top up with gin.
5) Secure with the lid tightly and set aside for 3 month, in a cool, dark place.
6) Pass the sloe mixture through cheesecloth and transfer into bottle.
7) Serve as desired.
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.23%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 0.3 g0.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet