|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla bean/1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract||1 Inch|
1. In small saucepan mix well adding gelatin, granulated sugar, flour and dash salt.
2. In a bowl beat egg yolk with milk and rum.
3. Add to gelatin mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until mixture is thickened and comes to boiling.
4. Pour into medium bowl set bowl in pan of ice and water and let it stand, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to set for about 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Fold in beaten egg white.
6. In a bowl beat cream with confectioners' sugar and fold into gelatin mixture.
7. Stir in vanilla and refrigerate until ready to use—at least 30 minutes.
8. Use with tarts and pies for topping and garnish.