Peppered Poussins with Lime and Sage Crumbs
|Garlic bulb||1 , halved horizontally|
|Poussin/Young chicken||3 , halved, backbone removed|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh sage||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 grams)|
|Breadcrumbs||6 Ounce (175 gram)|
|Fresh sage leaves||1 Tablespoon|
1. Out of the 3 limes, thinly slice 1 lime.
2. Grate ring and freshly squeeze juice from remaining limes. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine olive oil, salt, lime slices, lime juice and peppercorns. Mix well and add poussins. Coat well and keep aside.
4. Pre heat a grill.
5. Grill the poussins for 15 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with marinade.
6. Once grilled, remove and keep warm.
7. In a sauce pan, melt butter.
8. Add garlic bulb, spring onions, lime rind and sage. Saute on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Add crumbs and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till crumbs are golden brown in colour.
10. Discard garlic bulb and place crumbs on a serving platter.
11. Place grilled poussin over crumbs, garnish with sage leaves and serve immediately.