Lime Dessert Treat
|Sugar frosted cereal||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), crushed|
|Dry milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Regular)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||30 Ounce (2 cans, 15 oz.each)|
|Lime juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (about 4 large limes)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
|Green food color||1 (as required)|
1) In a blender, add cereal crumbs and dry milk to blend together.
2) Add melted butter to toss.
3) Reserve 1/4 cup of mix and use the remaining crumb mixture to press on the bottom of a 8x8x2" pan.
4) In a bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lemon rind and egg yolks to combine.
5) Beat thoroughly until mixture turns thick.
6) Add food coloring in drops to get a delicate green color.
7) Pour the mixture into the pan over crumbs.
8) Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over top.
9) Place inside refrigerator to chill for 24 hours.
10) Cut into squares and serve by garnishing with fresh strawberries.
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.2 mg50.1%
Sodium 321.6 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 72.8 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 33.1% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet