Lime Dessert Treat
|Sugar frosted cereal||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), crushed|
|Dry milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Regular)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||30 Ounce (2 cans, 15 oz.each)|
|Lime juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (about 4 large limes)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
|Green food color||1 (as required)|
1) In a blender, add cereal crumbs and dry milk to blend together.
2) Add melted butter to toss.
3) Reserve 1/4 cup of mix and use the remaining crumb mixture to press on the bottom of a 8x8x2" pan.
4) In a bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lemon rind and egg yolks to combine.
5) Beat thoroughly until mixture turns thick.
6) Add food coloring in drops to get a delicate green color.
7) Pour the mixture into the pan over crumbs.
8) Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over top.
9) Place inside refrigerator to chill for 24 hours.
10) Cut into squares and serve by garnishing with fresh strawberries.