|Cardamom seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Saffron essence/Kewda / rose essence||10 Drop|
|Pan ka chuna||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground alum||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. With a needle poke holes into each amla.
2. In a big bowl take 2 litres water. Dissolve alum and chuna in it.
3. Add amlas and set aside for half an hour.
4. Drain out from water.
5. Wash in 3 to 4 changes of water.
6. In a pan boil amlas till tender.
7. Drain out water.
8. Keep in a dekchi. Add sugar and cardamom seeds.
9. Cook on slow fire until syrup becomes thick. Do not thicken the syrup too much.
10. Remove from fire and sprinkle essence over them.
11. Cover with foil and let it cool.
12. Store in a bottle.