Key Lime Delicious
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Key limes||5 , freshly squeezed|
|Finely grated lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
|Creme fraiche||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 250 °F.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with electric beaters, until blended.
3) Beat in the flour, lime juice, lime zest, milk and egg yolks until the mixture is smooth and blended.
4) In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
5) Fold the egg whites into the batter.
6) In a 1 1/2-quart baking dish, turn the mixture.
7) Set the baking dish in a 9 x 13-inch pan and pour in hot water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour until firm on top.
9) Serve the Key Lime Delicious with Creme fraiche.