Key Lime Delicious
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Key limes||5 , freshly squeezed|
|Finely grated lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
|Creme fraiche||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 250 °F.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with electric beaters, until blended.
3) Beat in the flour, lime juice, lime zest, milk and egg yolks until the mixture is smooth and blended.
4) In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
5) Fold the egg whites into the batter.
6) In a 1 1/2-quart baking dish, turn the mixture.
7) Set the baking dish in a 9 x 13-inch pan and pour in hot water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour until firm on top.
9) Serve the Key Lime Delicious with Creme fraiche.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2467 Calories from Fat 514
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.8%
Saturated Fat 29.6 g148.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 850.1 mg283.4%
Sodium 406.9 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 469 g156.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 425.3 g
Protein 43 g85%
Vitamin A 41.7% Vitamin C 98.1%
Calcium 66.5% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet