|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Rinse the limes, cover with water and soak for 24 hours.
2) Drain the limes, cover with fresh water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the limes are just easily pierced.
3) Drain again, allow to cool then cut the limes into eighths and remove seeds.
4) In a saucepan, cook the sugar, vinegar and water together for about 15 minutes, or until the mixture is syrupy.
5) In hot sterilized jars, spoon the limes and cover with the syrupy mixture.
6) Seal the jars and allow this 2 pints relish to cool.
7) Use the Lime Relish as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1305 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.67 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.5 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 335 g111.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 305.5 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 163%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet