Microwave Peas With Lettuce
|Fresh shelled peas/Frozen green peas - 1 pkg. (10 oz.)||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Head of lettuce||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a 1 1/2-qt casserole, take peas, celery and water. Mix it well.
2. Cover and microwave at High for 5 to 7 1/2 minutes or until peas become tender.
3. Add lettuce. Cover and microwave at High for 1 to 2 minutes. Remember to stir it after every minute. Keep it aside.
4. In a small dish, take butter, flour, sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Add cream.
6. Microwave at High for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it sauce thickens. Remember to stir after every minute.
7. Drain liquid from vegetables.
8. Add sauce to vegetables. Toss it to coat vegetables.
9. To serve Peas With Lettuce season with mildly seasoned seafood or chicken.