Delicate Garden Lettuce
|Leaf lettuce||1 Quart|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut in half|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a big bowl fill cold water, wash the lettuce, keep it on a strainer and keep it in a fridge.
2. Take a wooden salad bowl, slice both ends of garlic and rub it on the inside of bowl.
3. Add the lemon juice, oil and salt into bowl, and mix well.
4. Take out the lettuce, add to the dressing, mix it nicely and toss lightly.
5. Keep it back in the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
6. Serve chilled at lunch or dinner with sandwiches, pizza and crusty baguette or roasted/ grilled meats as an excellent side dish.
7. Throw in some grilled vegetables or meats diced and chilled and make it into a wholesome main course.
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 367.3 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 233.5% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet