Peas And Lettuce Saute
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen tiny peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen pearl onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green leaf lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 9-inch skillet, heat butter until melted.
2) To this, add celery.
3) Over medium-high heat, saute for 1 minute, until soft.
4) Now, add the peas and onions and mix well.
5) Over low heat, simmer covered for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
6) Gradually add the lettuce, sugar, salt and pepper and mix well.
7) Cook, uncovered, for a minute.
8) Serve the Peas and Lettuce Saute in a decorative serving bowl, garnished with fresh mint.