|Head of lettuce||1|
|Onion||3 , chopped|
|Bacon slices||5 , cut|
1. Wash and separate the lettuce leaves.
2. Peel and finely chop onions
3. In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce and the onions
4. In a small bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in the vinegar.
5. In a small frying pan, fry the bacon to render fat and until it is crisp.
6. Remove bacon onto paper towels and drain and reserve the fat.
7. Pour the vinegar and the bacon drippings all over the lettuce and onions.
8. Toss lightly to coat the leaves.
9. Top with the fried bacon and serve immediately.