Vegetarian Stuffed Lettuce
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Medium|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened to room temperature (1 Package)|
|Grated yellow onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced sweet peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Red Or Green)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), well drained peeled and minced|
|Hot red pepper seasoning||3 Drop (Few Drops)|
1. Core the lettuce and make a small hollow in the center.
2. In a bowl, combine stuffing ingredients and mix well
3. Pack the stuffing into the lettuce.
4. Wrap the lettuce head in foil or cling film and place in the refrigerator to chill well.
5. Slice the stuffed lettuce at a slant into ¾-inch thick slices.
6. Arrange on a platter.
7. Serve chilled with French or Thousand Island dressing if desired.
Save lettuce trimmings for another salad.
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg21.7%
Sodium 334.5 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet