Panned Lettuce Onions And Capers
|White onions||4 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Romaine lettuce heads/Romaine / escarole / 4 heads boston lettuce||2 , washed and shredded medium fine|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over moderate heat
2. Add onions and sauté for 5-8 minutes until lightly colored.
3. Add lettuce, water, and salt.
4. Cover, reduce flame and steam lettuce for 4-5 minutes until wilted and soft.
5. Season with pepper and add capers and toss.
5. Turn into a serving dish or serve on the plate as a side dish.