|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mixed salad greens||1 Quart|
|Minced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat a skillet over a medium high flame.
2. Add bacon and sauté until crisp.
3. Remove using a slotted spoon onto a paper toweling. Drain well and crumble. Keep aside.
4. Drain drippings from the pan, reserving about 3 tablespoons
5. Reduce flame to low.
6. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper to the drippings and heat stirring until sugar dissolves.
7. In a bowl, combine the greens and scallions.
8. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. The lettuce will wilt a bit with the hot dressing
9. Top with crumbled bacon
10. Serve immediately while dressing is warm
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 156 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.67%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet