Gingered Scallops in Lettuce Leaf
|Sea scallops||2 Pound, rinsed and dried|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 , rind|
|Chives/Whole||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (For Making Bundles)|
1. In a large bowl, combine orange juice, ginger, soy sauce, oil and pepper. Add scallops and toss to coat well. Cover and marinate for 2 hours.
2. Remove scallops from marinade with slotted spoon. Reserve marinade.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil. Add a single layer of scallops. Cook until brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Place in a shallow dish.
4. Repeat until all scallops are cooked, wiping and re-oiling pan between batches.
5. In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour over scallops and let cool.
6. Place two radicchio leaves on each plate and arrange 3 scallops on each leaf. Sprinkle with orange rind, ginger (from marinade) and chives, or tie each leaf with a chive.