Sole In Lettuce
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||4 Large|
|Sole fillets||4 Small|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salmon steak||4 Ounce (1 Salmon Steak Or Fillet)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Rinse lettuce leaves. Place lettuce in 8" by 8" baking dish; cover dish tightly with vented plastic wrap. Cook at high (100% power) 3 minutes or until lettuce leaves are wilted. Remove plastic wrap; let lettuce stand in dish a few minutes, until cool enough to handle.
2. Rinse sole fillets and pat dry with paper towels. In small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon tarragon; sprinkle on sole fillets. Place sole fillets on a sheet of waxed paper; drizzle each fillet with 1 teaspoon white wine. Cut salmon into 4 strips, each about 2 1/2" by 3/4". Place 1 salmon strip on narrow end of each sole fillet. Starting with narrow end, roll up fillets with salmon in the center of each.
3. Cut away tough ribs from each wilted lettuce leaf (reserving liquid in dish). Place a fish roll in center of each lettuce leaf, then fold lettuce to enclose fish completely. Place lettuce-wrapped fish rolls in liquid remaining in baking dish. Cover dish with waxed paper. Cook at high 6 to 9 minutes, just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, rotating dish a half turn after 4 minutes. Let stand, still covered, while preparing sauce.
4. In small bowl, combine half-and-half, butter or margarine, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon tarragon. Cook, uncovered, at high 2 minutes or until butter melts and half-and-half is hot. In small bowl, beat egg yolks slightly. Gradually beat a little hot mixture into egg yolks, beating rapidly to prevent lumping. Stir egg-yolk mixture back into butter mixture; stir in 1 tablespoon white wine. Cook at medium (50% power) 45 seconds or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring every 15 seconds.
5. Place lettuce-wrapped fish rolls on 4 warm dinner plates; pour sauce over fish.