Stir Fried Pork With Lettuce
|Lean pork||1 Pound|
|Water chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Head of lettuce||1|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Mince pork and water chestnuts. Separate lettuce leaves and crisp in ice water.
2. Heat oil. Add pork and water chestnuts and stir fry a few times. Then sprinkle with salt, soy sauce and pepper, and stir fry until pork loses its pinkness.
3. Stir in and heat stock quickly, then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
4. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken.
5. Pour mixture into a serving bowl; arrange lettuce leaves on a serving dish.