1. Drain the lentils and put in a pan with water to cover; add the garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Mix the cooked lentils with the chopped onion, green pepper, cheeses, parsley, beaten eggs, 3 tablespoons consomme, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Put the mixture into a greased and lined 450 g (1 lb) loaf tin. Cover with lightly greased foil. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
4. Allow the loaf to cool for a few minutes in its tin.
5. Turn out and serve with more warmed beef consomme.