Cheese and Lentil Loaf
|Lentils||175 Gram (Soaked Overnight, 6 Ounce)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Onions||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Green pepper||To Taste, cored and chopped|
|Cheese||50 Gram, grated (2 Ounce, Flavored)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|French mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. Drain the lentils and put in a pan with water to cover; add the garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Mix the cooked lentils with the chopped onion, green pepper, cheeses, parsley, beaten eggs, 3 tablespoons consomme, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Put the mixture into a greased and lined 450 g (1 lb) loaf tin. Cover with lightly greased foil. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
4. Allow the loaf to cool for a few minutes in its tin.
5. Turn out and serve with more warmed beef consomme.
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.5 mg41.8%
Sodium 347.5 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 24.6%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet