Mid East Mud Lentils with Bulgur
|Uncooked lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bulgur||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), unsoaked|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Hard boiled egg||1 , sliced (for garnish)|
1. Rinse the lentils well in at least 5 cups of water.
2. Boil water and let the lentils simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In a skillet add olive oil and warm it.
4. Add chopped onions and fry them till golden brown in color. Fry for 7 minutes.
5. Add pepper, salt, onion and bulgur.
6. Cook for 25 minutes keeping the can covered. Stand for 15 minutes.
7. Taste to adjust the seasonings.
8. Serve Mid East Mud Lentils With Bulgur garnished with hard boiled egg slices and scallions.