|Brown lentils||1 Pound|
|Cold water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a colander and add the lentils into it and rinse it under the cold water.
2. Take a saucepan and add the rinsed lentils and cover it with cold water.
3. Cover the saucepan and boil it over heat. This is a very important step because the lentils are softened by slow cooking. This takes 40 -45 minutes.
4. Cook the lentils at high flame once the mixture boils. This will fasten the cooking process and also vaporizes the water in lentils. This takes another 45 minutes.
5. Add pepper, salt and celery salt towards the end of cooking.
6. When lentils soften, and water gets absorbed, stir in butter and sour cream.
7. Season the lentils.
8. Stir the lentils gently until the butter and cream are nicely blended.
9. Serve the creamed lentils with freshly cooked rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2260 Calories from Fat 656
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.6%
Saturated Fat 42.6 g212.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.1 mg61.4%
Sodium 1727.5 mg72%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.5%
Dietary Fiber 138.3 g553.3%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 122 g244.1%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 58.6% Iron 192.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet