|Brown lentils||1 Pound|
|Cold water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a colander and add the lentils into it and rinse it under the cold water.
2. Take a saucepan and add the rinsed lentils and cover it with cold water.
3. Cover the saucepan and boil it over heat. This is a very important step because the lentils are softened by slow cooking. This takes 40 -45 minutes.
4. Cook the lentils at high flame once the mixture boils. This will fasten the cooking process and also vaporizes the water in lentils. This takes another 45 minutes.
5. Add pepper, salt and celery salt towards the end of cooking.
6. When lentils soften, and water gets absorbed, stir in butter and sour cream.
7. Season the lentils.
8. Stir the lentils gently until the butter and cream are nicely blended.
9. Serve the creamed lentils with freshly cooked rice.