Creamed Red Lentil And Coconut Sauce
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled, and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Red lentils||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Boiling water||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Creamed coconut||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a saucepan, heat oil, and fry the onion for about 3 minutes until they just soften.
2. In a bowl, add all spices with little water, and pour over onion, add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add lentils and stir well, fry for a minute. Stir in water or boiling stock and boil.
4. Cover the pan and cook lentils over gentle heat for about 20 minutes until they become soft.
5. In a bowl, take some boiling water and dissolve the grated coconut in it.
6. Stir in the coconut to cooked lentils to make a soft mixture.
7. Season the sauce as per the taste preferences.
8. Serve the Creamed Red Lentil and Coconut Sauce with freshly baked bread or freshly steamed rice.