Buckwheat and Red Lentil Bake
|Buckwheat||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Red lentils||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Boiling water||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, wiped and sliced (225 Gram)|
|Green pepper||1 , deseeded and diced|
|Tomatoes||7 Ounce, pureed (1 Tin, 200 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Set the oven at gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and heat for some time.
2. Take a saucepan and add buckwheat, lentils, and pour boiling water over it. Boil the mixture and keep it covered.
3. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes until the liquid gets completely absorbed, and lentils, buckwheat get completely cooked.
4. Take a separate pan, heat the oil, and fry the onion gently for 2 minutes, stir in spices and herbs and cook for about a minute.
5. Stir in mushrooms and green pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Take a large bowl, add cooked buckwheat, vegetables, lentils, shoyu, tomato puree, tomatoes, and stir well.
7. Season the mixture according to taste preferences.
8. Spread the mixture over lightly greased ovenproof dish and bake for about half an hour or microwave it on full power for about 8-10 minutes.
9. Serve the buckwheat and tomato G Rat hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1044 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1311.5 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.4%
Dietary Fiber 40.9 g163.5%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 51 g102.3%
Vitamin A 109.8% Vitamin C 282.3%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 93.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet