Vegan Lentil and Tofu Bolognese
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Flat mushrooms/Field mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced (225 Gram)|
|Red lentils||4 Ounce, cleaned (125 Gram)|
|Silken tofu||10 Ounce (275 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a saucepan, heat some oil and fry the onions for about 3 minutes, stir in mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
2. Stir in lentils, mix well and saute for another 2 minutes. Keep on stirring to avoid the burning.
3. In a bowl, add tomato puree and silken tofu and blend them until smooth, using a hand mixer.
4. Spoon this mixture over lentil mixture and add herbs and water.
5. Boil the sauce by covering the pan. Simmer for 25 minutes by stirring at frequent intervals.
6. Add more water if needed and cook until the lentils are softened.
7. Add shoyu and season as per the taste preferences.
8. Serve the lentil and tofu Bolognese over pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 864 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2124.2 mg88.5%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.2%
Dietary Fiber 30.5 g121.9%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 55 g110.7%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 41.5%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 89.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet