Indian Style Lentil Meatballs
|Lentils||8 Ounce, washed nd picked (Egyptian Style)|
|Minced beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Fresh green chilies||2 , deseeded and chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Long grained rice||8 Ounce|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Into a saucepan, add in the lentils. Cover them with enough water and let boil.
2) Cover and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, add in the minced beef. Next, add in the onions and chillies alongwith the cumin, salt and pepper.
4) Add in the drained lentils. Mix well.
5) With floured hands, shape the mixture into about 20 small balls of 1 1/2 inches diameter.
6) In another saucepan, bring salted boiling water to a boil. Add in the rice and the leftover uncooked lentils. Cook on simmer for about 15 minutes till the lentils become tender.
7) In a large frying pan, heat oil. Add the meatballs and fry them for about 10 minutes. Turn them over occasionally till it turns crisp and golden brown. Drain off the excess oil.
8) On a serving plate, arrange the drained rice and lentils. Place the meatballs on top of the rice.
9) Sprinkle chopped parsley on the top and serve.
Calories 801 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg23.4%
Sodium 1055.1 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 41 g82.8%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 43.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet