Ricotta Chicken Pockets with Braised Lentils
|Frozen spinach||1 Ounce, chopped, thawed and squeezed dry|
|Ricotta cheese||3 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, grated|
|Boneless chicken breasts||4 Ounce, skinned|
|Rindless streaky bacon||6|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Canned green lentils||14 Ounce, drained|
|Mangetout peas||4 Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Small Clove)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. In a bowl, mix together the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
2. Using a sharp knife, make a deep slit through the thicker side of each chicken breast to make a pocket. Spoon in the ricotta mixture.
2. Using the back of a knife, stretch the bacon rashers. Wrap 3 rashers around each piece of chicken to enclose the filling completely.
3. Heat a large frying pan and add oil, add chicken to the pan and seal on all sides.
4. Peel and dice the carrot and dice the celery. Finely chop the onion. Add the vegetables to the pan, stirring to coat. Reduce the heat and fry for 1 minute. Pour in the wine and lentils, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is tender.
5. In a saucepan of boiling water, add mange-tout and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. In a small frying pan, melt half the butter. Crush the garlic and add to the pan with the breadcrumbs. Stir to coat completely in the butter and fry until golden. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Drain the mange-tout, put on warmed serving plates and sprinkle with the crumbs.
8. Remove the chicken from the pan and increase the heat to evaporate any excess liquid. Slice the chicken and arrange on serving plates.
9. Whisk the remaining butter into the lentil mixture, spoon on to the plates and serve at once.