Potato And Lentil Pie
|Potatoes||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lentils||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Stock/Water||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Grams)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Meat extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Soak the lentils overnight.
2) Rinse them.
3) Peel potatoes, and boil or steam.
4) Butter a pie dish.
5) Simmer the lentils with the onion in the water until tender.
6) Drain the mixture.
7) Mix well with the cheese, parsley, meat extract and seasoning.
8) Mash the potatoes well with butter, seasoning and milk, to make a fairly soft texture.
9) In the pie dish, spread some of the potato.
10) Place the lentil mixture on top and cover with the remaining potato.
11) Mark with a fork.
12) Dot with butter and bake at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5, for 30 minutes.
13) Serve the pie with bread and soup.