Potato And Lentil Pie
|Potatoes||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lentils||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Stock/Water||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Grams)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Meat extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Soak the lentils overnight.
2) Rinse them.
3) Peel potatoes, and boil or steam.
4) Butter a pie dish.
5) Simmer the lentils with the onion in the water until tender.
6) Drain the mixture.
7) Mix well with the cheese, parsley, meat extract and seasoning.
8) Mash the potatoes well with butter, seasoning and milk, to make a fairly soft texture.
9) In the pie dish, spread some of the potato.
10) Place the lentil mixture on top and cover with the remaining potato.
11) Mark with a fork.
12) Dot with butter and bake at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5, for 30 minutes.
13) Serve the pie with bread and soup.
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.2 mg12.7%
Sodium 246.6 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 19 g38.1%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 83.6%
Calcium 21% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet