Lentil Hot Pot
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound, washed and sliced (680 Gram)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Red lentils||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Dried herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Yeast extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Pint (425 Milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F/170°C (Gas Mark 3).
2. In warm water dissolve the yeast extract.
3. Take a greased oven proof dish and arrange half of the potato slices at the bottom followed by onions, lentils and herbs and in the end covering it with rest of the potatoes.
4. Pour the yeast extract and oil over this and bake for 1 hour.
5. Serve hot a side dish or even a main with gravy and vegetables.
Calories 603 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 126.4 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g73%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 22 g44.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 105.8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet