Lentil Hot Pot
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound, washed and sliced (680 Gram)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Red lentils||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Dried herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Yeast extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Pint (425 Milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F/170°C (Gas Mark 3).
2. In warm water dissolve the yeast extract.
3. Take a greased oven proof dish and arrange half of the potato slices at the bottom followed by onions, lentils and herbs and in the end covering it with rest of the potatoes.
4. Pour the yeast extract and oil over this and bake for 1 hour.
5. Serve hot a side dish or even a main with gravy and vegetables.