Potato And Lentil Goulash
Lentils - 3 oz [75 g] (dry weight), soaked overnight
Onion ¬- 1 large, skinned and chopped
Tomatoes - 1 medium can
Tomato puree - 2 tablespoons [2X20 ml spoons]
Worcestershire sauce - 1 tablespoon [1X 20 ml spoon]
Butter - 1 oz [25 g]
Cheese - 2 oz [50 g] grated
Soured cream - 1 carton
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5.
2) Wash the potatoes and cut into thick slices.
3) Use an ovenproof dish to grease.
4) In a pan add butter to melt on medium heat.
5) Add the onions to fry lightly.
6) Add tomato, tomato puree, sauce, and then stir in the sour cream.
7) Season the preparation with salt and pepper.
8) Arrange the potatoes in a layer at the bottom of the baking dish.
9) Alternately arrange layers of soaked lentils and cooked potatoes.
10) Spread the tomato mixture on top.
11) Sprinkle finely grated cheese on top.
12) Place the dish inside the preheated oven, to bake for 30-40 minutes.
13) Serve warm by garnishing with extra cheese, if desired.