Oven Potato Sausage Lentil Stew
|Dry lentils||8 Ounce (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Sausage||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 -inch pieces (Potato / Polish Variety)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Rinse lentil and set aside.
3. Combine with potato sausage or Polish sausage, and carrots.
4. Add the 3 cups water; bring it to boil in a saucepan.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. In a skillet heat butter or margarine and cook chopped celery and onion till tender but not brown.
7. Combine flour and 1-cup water, the wine, chicken bouillon granules, thyme, salt, and pepper; bring it to boil, stirring constantly to avoid forming lumps.
8. In a 2 1/2-quart casserole combine the lentil-sausage mixture with the wine mixture.
9. Bake, uncovered, in 375° F oven for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice.
10. Arrange the stew into individual bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.