Lentils and Vegetables
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned lentils||6 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
1) In a small ovenproof casserole, add the vegetables and margarine.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave for 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
4) To this, add the lentils. Mix well.
5) On high power, microwave for 30 seconds, or until heated through.
6) Serve along with hot cooked rice or crusty bread.
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 173.2 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet