Lajunta Lentil Bake
|Dry lentils||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dried whole basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Canned diced tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained, divided (1 Can)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Egg/1/2 cup egg substitute||2|
|Eggs/1/2 cup egg substitute||2|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) As per the directions on the package, cook the lentils.
3) Saute the onion and basil in oil in a non-stick skillet till the onion is transparent.
4) Combine together the onion mixture, cheese, lentils, 1/2 of the tomatoes, oregano, eggs and salt. Mix well.
5) Into an 8x8-inch pan coated with cooking spray, put the mixture and top with the remaining tomatoes.
6) Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes, till the center is set.
7) Serve the dish hot on individual dishes after cutting into slices or whole on a serving platter.