Spicy Lentil Stew
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lentils||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, drained, 2 cups cooking liquid reserved|
|Cooked lentils||1⁄2 Pound, drained, 2 cups cooking liquid reserved|
|Canned whole tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained, chopped|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon (Or Use According To Taste)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, saute the onions in the margarine, stirring occasionally, until softened.
2) Stir in rest of the ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Simmer over a low heat for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and flavors are well blended.
4) Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.
5) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls.