Rabbit with Lentils
|Rabbit legs and thighs||8|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried lentils||1 Pound|
|Bacon slice||1⁄2 Pound, thick-sliced, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Garlic||25 Clove (125 gm), peeled|
|Thickly sliced mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Gin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (With Strong Juniper Berry Flavor)|
|Crabapple jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red spiced crabapples||1 Can (10 oz) (1 Jar)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
1. Take a pan and add Â¼ cup of butter and olive oil together. Dredge rabbits in flour.
2. SautÃ© rabbits in butter and olive oil mix until the meat pieces turn brown at all the sides.
3. Remove the rabbit meat pieces and set aside the pan with left over oil in it.
4. Cook lentils as per the directions mentioned on the package.
5. After draining water from lentil, stir in left over Â¼ cup of butter and add seasonings like salt, pepper, a liberal amount of cayenne.
6. Take a heavy casserole with tight fitting lid and place bacons at the bottom of the casserole.
7. Place a layer of lentil over the bacon, then add layer of rabbit legs, and arrange heaps of garlic around the rabbit legs and thigh pieces.
8. Add left over lentils on the layers as a final cover.
9. Add mushrooms at the top of the dish and seal the casserole with an aluminum foil.
10. Put the lid with great care and bake the dish at 350-degrees temperature for 1 Â½ hours.
11. Now, remove the baked rabbit meat pieces from the casserole and place them around the edge of the serving platter.
12. Now, carefully stir the rest of the ingredients left in the casserole and pour them at the center of the serving dish.
13. Now, place the pan with drippings and heat the oil against high flame.
14. Now, add gin and stir thoroughly until both oil and gin are mixed together and the mix turn deglazed.
15. Next, add crabapple jelly and stir the mix until it turns into an even mixture.
16. Remove the mix from heat, add parsley and continue stirring.
17. Pour the prepared saucy ingredient over the baked rabbit meat pieces.
18. Garnish with crabapples and watercress immediately before serving..