Easy Pureed Lentils
|Dried lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add water, lentils, bay leaves, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley, raisins, chili and cumin powder. Let the broth come to a boil.
2) Once boiling, lower the flame, and cook for about 45 minutes.
3) If the contents start to stick to the pan, add in some boiling water.
4) The lentils are done when they become tender and all the water has evaporated.
5) Remove the bay leaf, allow the mixture to cool a little before adding into a blender.
6) Blend the lentil mixture to a fine puree.
7) Serve the pureed lentils along with steaming rice or serve over corn tortillas.