Creamy Puy Lentils
|Puy lentils||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
|Lemon||1 (Use Zest And Juice)|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly chopped tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Half fat creme fraiche||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tomatoes||2 Small, deseeded and chopped|
|Pitted black olives||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh tarragon sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Put the lentils in a saucepan with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil.
2. Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, reduce the heat and simmer gently for a further 20 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
4. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute until just beginning to brown. Add the lemon zest and juice.
5. Add the mustard and cook for a further 30 seconds.
6. Add the tarragon and creme fraiche and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Simmer and add the drained lentils, tomatoes and olives.
8. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
9. Garnish the lentils with the tarragon sprigs and the lemon wedges and serve immediately