Curried Lentils And Potatoes
|Red thin skinned potatoes||1 Pound|
|Firm ripe tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound (2 Tomatoes)|
|Hulled lentils||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Such As Red Chiefs)|
|Fat-skimmed chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Scrub potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Rinse tomatoes, core, and cut each into 6 wedges.
3. In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, combine potatoes, tomatoes, lentils, broth, and curry powder. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed and potatoes are tender to bite, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Spoon into wide bowls. Sprinkle with chopped mint and add yogurt and salt to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1852 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3539.3 mg147.5%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.7%
Dietary Fiber 125.8 g503.2%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 133 g266.3%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 146.3%
Calcium 62.6% Iron 199.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet