My Lentils with Garlic, Onion & Sun-dried Tomato recipe is delicious and versatile! The lentils taste great in a pita sandwich or in a hummus wrap. I also love to serve it over grilled or baked cod or halibut, and/or toss the lentils in a bowl of fusilli pasta.
1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked as per package directions
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled and diced
4 , peeled and diced
Green pepper/Red pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced
Sundried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely
Red chili pepper flakes
1 Small, freshly squeezed
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook lentils to package instructions and set aside
2. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil into a skillet on the stovetop over low heat. Sauté onion and garlic until slightly golden.
3. Add in sun-dried tomatoes. Add in basil, followed by lemon or limejuice.
4. Add in salt, oregano, red chili pepper flakes, and garlic powder to taste.
5. Serve in a pita sandwich or with a fish of your choice.