|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Cup (48 tbs), strained (Approximately 12 Large Lemons)|
|Cold water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soda water/Ice water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Prepare simple syrup in a bowl mixing sugar and 4 cups water in a saucepan.
2) Boil over high heat and stir with wooden spoon till sugar dissolves.
3) Boil for 5 minutes without stirring and take off from heat.
4) Cool and refrigerate in a covered container. It can be stored for 3 to 4 weeks.
5) In a large pitcher mix together 1 cup of the simple syrup, 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice and 3 cups water.
6) Mix and pour into ice cube trays. Chill.
7) In a thermos mix remaining 1 1/2 cups lemon juice, simple syrup and ice cubes. Pack in cooler and place in picnic basket.
8) In a portable container put soda water and the mint sprigs and put in the cooler.
9) Before serving mix 3 cups soda water and the contents of the thermos.
10) Pour into tall glasses.
11) Decorate each glass mint sprig and hand out straws.