these are simple the best scones light fluffy...and yes made with Lemonade a famous Kiwi recipe
1 Can (10 oz)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Self raising flour
4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a large bowl, place lemonade. Add cream. Using a whisk mix well.
2. Add salt and sugar. Mix well.
3. Add flour. Stir until just combined.
4. Turn out onto lightly floured bench, knead until just combined. DO NOT OVER-KNEAD. You will make tough scones.
5. Roll out to about an inch thick. Cut using a round cookie cutter - 6cm diameter or you can cut using a knife.
6. Place on a greased floured tray. We use Silicone mats. Brush with milk.
7. Bake at 180C (350F) for approximately 15 mins until golden and hollow sound when you tap the bottom. I usually break one in half to check.
8. Cool. Break in half and top with jam and whipped cream.
You can make these savoury by leaving out the extra sugar and adding 1 tsp salt. You can add any flavouring at the lemonade and cream stage, like cheese, bacon, herbs, pickles. Recipe also makes great pinwheel scones.
How about a colorful feast for the eyes? Fluffy lemonade scones are appeasing to the eyes and delicious in taste. With few simple ingredients you can bake this dish and serve as a wonderful dessert. Make this in your kitchen and serve instantly.