Pink Lemonade Squares
|Vanilla wafers||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 Stick)|
|Frozen pink lemonade concentrate||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Crush vanilla wafers into crumbs in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. (There should be about 2 cups.)
2. Mix crumbs and melted butter or margarine in a medium-size bowl; measure out 1/2 cup and reserve. Press remaining crumbs in bottom and up sides of a 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
3. Bake in slow oven (325°) 15 minutes; cool on wire rack.
4. Combine concentrate for lemonade and water in a medium-size saucepan; heat slowly until lemonade thaws and mixture is hot. Add marshmallows; continue heating, stirring constantly, just until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth. Chill several hours, or until syrupy and thick.
5. Beat cream until stiff in a medium-size bowl with electric mixer at medium speed; fold into marshmallow mixture until no streaks of white remain. Spoon into cooled crust; sprinkle reserved crumbs over top.
6. Freeze several hours, or until firm. Cut into squares; serve plain or top with additional whipped cream and a slice of candied lemon peel.