Very Bitter Lemon
|Whole lemons||6 , washed and cut into small pieces|
|Sparkling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
1) In a saucepan, place the fruit and cover with the water.
2) Heat to the boil, put the lid and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until fruits are soft.
3) Mix in the sugar.
4) Take the pan off the heat and leave to cool.
5) Pass the mixture through strainer into a glass jug.
6) Refrigerate until well chilled.
7) In a tall glass, place the crushed ice and stream over the juice and top with sparkling water.
8) Garnish with lemon slice and serve chilled.
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.52 g0.8%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.8 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 28.3 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 223.3%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet